Congratulations, today is the first day of the rest of your life! Let go of yesterday and embrace today! Let us do this together - find your favorite place or a quiet place and get comfy. Let your entire body relax and become carefree. Slowly close your eyes and take a few deep breaths by inhaling for five seconds and exhaling for five seconds. Repeat these deep, mindful breaths several times while focusing on your throat and neck area. Note that when you inhale you are directing energy to the throat area and when you exhale you are allowing awareness to settle in. Feel the fresh, cool air as it slowly floats through your nose, into your lungs and out of your mouth, do this as many times as feels good to you.
Allow the natural rhythm of your breathing to relax your entire body. Think relaxing thoughts while imagining a clear, beautiful, blue sky. Visualize a swirling turquoise blue ball of energy flowing repeatedly in from the back of the neck out through your throat. Tell yourself that you are clear and open. Imagine yourself singing praises to yourself and others. Visualize yourself striking a balance between speaking and listening while seeking and sharing truths. Now, slowly open your eyes. This is what it feels like to have an open, healthy and balanced Throat Chakra! The Sound Chakra, our Throat Chakra, allows us to clearly, both outwardly and internally, express and communicate our ideas. We hope this blog post will help you be aware of subtle energies, increase your creativity, and enhance your listening and clear thinking skills. Join us for Part Three of our Mindful Minute Chakra Series that brings us to our communication center, our Throat Chakra.
If you are just now starting this series, please check out our first two posts regarding the Crown Chakra, The Bridge To The Cosmos and the Third Eye Chakra, The Seat Of Intuition . We will be following up with posts on the Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral and Root Chakras in the weeks to come.
THE THROAT CHAKRA AT A GLANCE
The Fifth Chakra of our seven life-force energy centers within our body is the Throat or Visuddha Chakra in Sanskrit and is the first of the three spiritual Chakras. Translations of Visuddha in Sanskrit include “especially pure,” “purest” and “purified.” It is located at the center of the neck and governs our throat, jaw, mouth and shoulders. It is responsible for communication, expression of thoughts, feelings and ideas while striking a balance between speaking and listening, both internally and externally. The main characteristics of the Throat Chakra is the power of free will and having faith in ourselves. It gives us the power to make our own decisions while being guided by an existential force. Its color essence is the most prevalent color in nature, a light blue (turquoise or aquamarine blue) which is the color of our sky and oceans.
THE BODY’S BUTTERFLY
The Throat Chakra is situated at the height of the thyroid gland and is closely connected to it. Known as our body’s butterfly, our thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ located in the base of our neck. It is a hormone-secreting gland (endocrine gland) that lies below our Adam’s apple (larynx), along the front of the windpipe (trachea). The thyroid gland produces the hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) and releases them into our bloodstream. Parafollicular cells, commonly known as C-cells, are the other hormone producing cells within the thyroid and they produce calcitonin. The main function of calcitonin is to increase bone calcium content and to lower calcium levels in our blood when they rise above normal. When our hormones and C-cells are properly functioning they will provide energy to our Throat Chakra while providing awareness to our personal power.
BALANCING THE FIFTH
Have you ever felt tightness in your throat as you were preparing to speak publicly? Have you ever been uncertain on how to properly respond to someone else’s comment? Have you ever stumbled over your words when trying to explain something to someone? These experiences occur when we have an unbalanced Vishuddha Chakra thus not allowing us to be able to clearly express ourselves. Our Throat Chakra is balanced when we openly speak, listen, and authentically express ourselves. This chakra is blocked by untruths, embellishing facts and over-sharing. Let go and speak your truth! The following are a couple of our favorite ways to help open your Throat Chakra.
Vibrant Blue is the color of communication so incorporating the color of turquoise and aquamarine in our daily lives and activities may help heal an unbalanced Throat Chakra. Wearing or having blue crystals nearby such as aquamarine, blue lace agate, celestite, lapis lazuli and turquoise may help balance your Throat Chakra. Painting a room blue, wearing blue clothing and eating blue foods like blueberries may also help you restore balance to the Vishudda. Incorporate neck, shoulder and upper back stretches while wearing your Hadobody Throat Chakra Collection - I AM HEARD to release tension in those particular areas. Blue energy is calming, healing, pure and soothing and allows our bodies and minds to experience stillness. It represents an uncluttered mind that is free from any negative thought.
As we have learned in previous posts, repeating positive affirmations aloud, mentally or in writing can create positive thought patterns. Below are 11 powerful daily affirmations to specifically aid you in opening your Throat Chakra and connect you
- I am heard.
- I am creative.
- I am calm, patient and peaceful.
- I am thankful and joyful to be me.
- I am able to find the words I need.
- I am empowered to speak my truth.
- I am unafraid to ask for what I want.
- I am expressing myself with clear intent.
- I am comfortable inside my vibrant body.
- I am a compassionate and active listener.
- I am safe and trust others to allow me to express myself truthfully.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The power of Vishuddha creates our best poems, paintings and music.
- Drinking more water may help cleanse and remove any negative energy from your Throat Chakra.
- The following yoga poses may help allow energy to flow and move freely to the neck area: Bridge Pose, Camel Pose, and Fish Pose.
- An unbalanced thyroid gland can lead to thyroiditis (inflammation of the thyroid gland), a weakened immune system, lung and bronchial diseases, bad breath and stuttering.
- Openly communicating with someone that you trust and are comfortable with may help open up your Throat Chakra.
- A blocked Throat Chakra may lead to a sore throat or neck and shoulder pain.
- Journaling or writing down your feelings and thoughts is a powerful way to increase your communication skills.
- If you are the type of person that tends to talk too much and dominate conversations try resting your Throat Chakra for a bit by spending some time in silence.
- Getting a neck massage will increase the flow of energy to your neck area.
- Shy behavior and fear of public speaking may be indicators of an unbalanced Throat Chakra.
- Healing and soothing liquids such as coconut water, nutritional soups, warm herbal teas with raw honey and lemon, smoothies with blueberries and blackberries are excellent at healing the Throat Chakra.
- Try to avoid dairy products such as milk and ice cream due to the mucus buildup that occurs on your throat from these items.
- The best essential oils to energize the Throat Chakra are chamomile, eucalyptus, frankincense, geranium and peppermint.
OUR THROAT IMPACT PARTNER
We elected to team up with the Women’s Global Empowerment Fund due to the synergies that exist between the Throat Chakra and their organization. “They provide women in northern Uganda access to microcredit loans, business and leadership development training, literacy, health initiatives.” “The Women’s Global Empowerment Fund was founded on the belief that microfinance can be a revolutionary concept and when bundled with educational programming, can build social capital and increase the potential for women’s empowerment and success.”
One percent of the profits from our Hadobody Throat Chakra Collection - I AM HEARD go to the Women’s Global Empowerment Fund. Be heard and help the women and families in northern Uganda create economic and educational opportunities. Shop The Throat Chakra Collection and Donate Now !
With Love and Light!